[mythtv-users] Whops... deleted stuff... help?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri May 4 12:42:19 UTC 2007

On 4-May-07, at 1:31 AM, David Whyte wrote:

> On 5/4/07, Robert Current <robert.current at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> SO, can I somehow get my database fixed without loosing my
>> recording schedules?
>
> Just recreate those files using 'touch <blah.mpeg>' and you can then
> delete using the GUI.

This can get tedious if you have a lot of recordings so, assuming
you're on .19 or higher, this should take care of it in one fell swoop:

cd /whereever/you/keep/your/tv/recordings
touch $(mysql -s -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -e 'select basename
from recorded')

Also, from the All Recordings menu you should be able to add all your
shows to a playlist and then delete them in one stroke through the
playlist options. I think that feature came in with .20.

- George