[mythtv-users] What's with all these processes?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:13:56 UTC 2007

When I run htop I can see about 16 mythbackend processes and 18 mysqld
processes running.

The mysqld processes are /usr/libexex/mysqld all have the same parent
process of /usr/bin/mysqld_safe. Does that mean they're threads and I
shouldn't be concerned about the resources they may be using up?

The mythbackend processes all have a parent PID of 1 which is init.
Should there be this many running? My concern is unnecessary usage of
machine resources.

Regards,
Phill