[mythtv-users] lircrc problem-> button: command not found

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri May 4 11:02:19 UTC 2007

> BUT the lines in the lircrc file are right or NOT???:
>> *Code:*
>> 13 ########### NAVIGATION #######################################
>> 14 # Up
>> 15 begin
>> 16 button = up
>> 17 prog = mythtv
>> 18 config = Up
>> 19 repeat = 1
>> 20 end
>

> Odd - those lines look right. Maybe the file's corrupted or something?
> You did create it using just a plain text editor did you?
>
> Yes I used kwrite in unix mode to write this file.
> I used fromdos to write a new file. But without effect.
>
> Daniel

Which program outputs the error messages you describe above? The format of
the messages does not look like Mythtv. When I try a deliberately faulty
lircrc file I get the following:

mythtv: unknown token "asass" in /home/g8ecj/.mythtv/lircrc:5 ignored
mythtv: unknown token "2333" in /home/g8ecj/.mythtv/lircrc:6 ignored

The only way I can get the errors you describe is by running the lircrc
file as a bash script. Why are you executing a configuration file?

--
Robin Gilks