[mythtv-users] Different aspect ratio in windowed mode

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri May 4 04:08:27 UTC 2007

On my desktop machine, I often run Mythfrontend in windowed mode to
watch TV while I do other things on the computer.  I've been using a 4:3
window size, which also matches the aspect ratio of my monitor.  I got
to thinking it would be nice to run it in a 16:9 window so I could take
advantage of the various zoom modes.  Is there a flag I can pass on the
command line to tell Myth to use a 16:9 aspect ratio?  I tried just
feeding in 16:9 window dimensions with -geometry, but Myth still assumes
the window is 4:3 and gives everyone squashed heads. ;)