[mythtv-users] Audio problem with HD using XvMC

Siva Alagarsamy hellosiva at gmail.com
Fri May 4 02:18:29 UTC 2007

Hi,
 When I use XvMC with HD channels, the audio break up often and I see lot of
these messages like these.

2007-05-03 15:31: 18.312 WriteAudio: buffer underrun
2007-05-03 15:31:18.298 NVP: Video is 7.24978 frames behind audio (too
slow), skipping A/V wait.

I have AMD Athlon64 3000+ processor with 512MB RAM,  ATI HDTV Wonder, NVIDIA
FX 5200 video card & SB Live card
I have ubuntu feisty(i386) with the latest kernel and mythtv packages.

Without XvMC, I have no problem with the video or audio. I trying to get
this XvMC working, so I can setup another computer for frontend with a less
CPU power.

I have XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank & XVideoBlitterSyncToVBlank turned off in
nvidia settings.
The xorg.conf has "UseEvents" set to "true". I have tried different NVAGP
options.

XvMC works fine with mplayer. I tried playing a HD recording with mplayer
-vo xvmc and it plays without any problem. If I watch the same recording
with MythTV, I get audio stutter problem with lot of "WriteAudio: buffer
underrun".

Thanks,
Siva