[mythtv-users] why won't myth play with my PVR-500?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 3 22:10:34 UTC 2007

On 03/05/07, Greg Ferreri <gferreri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I recently upgraded my myth box to Ubuntu Feisty 64-bit (from Edgy) and
> decided to give my PVR-500 another chance.  In the past, the picture was
> fuzzy and unwatchable... I figured due to ivtv/kernel issues.  Suprisingly,
> feisty loaded up the drivers and detected the card just fine.  I can even
> use the ivtv tools to change the channels, and I captured some nice video
> using:
>
>  cat /dev/video2 > test.mpg

As you show /dev/video2 here, you must be using another card in
addition to your PVR-500. You should look into using a udev rule for
ivtv to ensure your devices get created consistently at boot - details
of how to do this are on the ivtvdriver.org website (and possibly the
MythTV wiki too).

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: