[mythtv-users] Changing aspect ratio?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 3 21:45:06 UTC 2007

On 05/03/2007 03:59 PM, David Frascone wrote:
>> If you do go down this road (and many--including Daniel, who will
>> probably otherwise end up doing it himself--will be pleased with your
>> contributions), please look at implementing this as Daniel requested
>> (separating zoom and aspect ratio).  See, also:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/210598#210598
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/210577#210577
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/240097#240097
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/248894#248894
> Ok, here's what I'm proposing:
>
> 1) In the setup gui, being able to enter custom zoom values.  Kind of
> like the percentage that is there already -- but this would be a zoom
> setting.
>
> 2) Then, in the zoom list, adding an option to use the custom zoom values.
>
> Sound good?
Since this is currently buried under a thread that's not likely to catch
Daniel's eye, my recommendation is to post to a new thread on the -dev
list (using a good thread name like, "Proposal for separating zoom and
aspect").  There you're likely to get good feedback on your plans (and,
more importantly, direction from Daniel--who has already spent some time
thinking through the proper approach :).

Mike