[mythtv-users] Awsome Case For Myth Frontend!

mythtv-users mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Thu May 3 19:53:16 UTC 2007

> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> Eric Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any concerns about the included 200W PS?  I guess with
>>> onboard video this becomes less of a problem, but this is obviously
>>> very low by today's standards?
>> I suspect power supply numbers are sort of like snake oil....  Newer PS
>> makers play a numbers game.
<snip>
>> As with many things, it's the quality of the hardware, and not
>> necessarily the printing on the box it ships in.
>
> I know it is off topic, but Yan hit the nail on the head (so to speak).
> It is definitely the quality of the hardware.
<snip>
> I've got Shuttle boxes with 200Watt power supplies that run cool and
> quiet with a moderate amount of hardware.

FWIW I built a dual opteron with 2 DVD drives and 4 (sata) HD's using an
external PSU with power usage display, at moderate load[1] it was
displaying 159W...

It didn't at any point get over 200w although it might do with everything
on the go at once.

Druid

[1] Running folding at home with one cpu maxed