[mythtv-users] Takes two tries to watch a recording

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Thu May 3 14:45:00 UTC 2007

I was wondering if anybody may have seen this happen before.   It's
rather odd, but on my remote frontend, when you try to watch a
recording (any recording) it will require you to try twice before it
actually plays.

You highlight a show, the preview video works fine.  When I try to
watch the video, the screen goes black for about a minute, then goes
back to the recordings screen where the preview video starts playing
again.  If I try to watch the video again, it works fine and starts
playing almost instantly.

Anybody?

I'm using:
root at macmini:~# /usr/local/bin/mythbackend --version
Library API version: 0.20.20070124-1
Source code version: 12992M
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts
using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire using_libavc_5_3 using_dbox2
using_hdhr using_iptv using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu
using_dvb using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_frontend using_backend using_bindings_perl