[mythtv-users] "FItSs" when starting a prgm w/ Digital Audio Track (Feisty Fawn Upgrade)

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Wed May 2 19:24:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

I followed the standard wiki how to for this.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound

My default is mixed-digital.  Myth is set to pass thru to default.

All was well under Ubuntu Edgy but after upgrading to Feisty Fawn I get a
"buffer fill" noise the first time I start a program with a Digital Audio
Track. It also happens if my last recording had Prologic Audio and my new
program has Dolby Digital audio.

I'm guessing when I named it a "buffer fill" noise.  It sound like "FFFiTs."
It last about a 1/2 second then the audio track continues normally.  This is
the same behavior I got when I was first configuring digital audio and was
playing with `ALSA:spdif`.

Thoughts,
Jon

PS. On the positive side DTS pass thru works under Feisty.  It never worked
under Edgy.