[mythtv-users] Awsome Case For Myth Frontend!

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed May 2 17:58:35 UTC 2007

Geoff Mishkin wrote:

> David Frascone wrote:
>> Only things missing are the VFD and IR reader!
>>
>> It has the slot, so I assume that a dvd reader is included?
>>
>> -Dave
>>
>> Gregg wrote:
>>
>>> I saw this case today when looking for a front end for my mythtv.  I
>>> was debating building with this...
>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856171001
>>>
>>> or
>>> an MG-350HD just to view the recorded programs.  I am leaning toward
>>> the Hiper Case
>>>
>>> -Gregg
>>>

> Maybe a USB VFD / IR receiver?  Don't know if they make those.
>
> There'd better be a DVD drive as there is only one internal 3.5" bay
> according to newegg, which you'd probably want to save for a hard drive!

Unless you go diskless!  :)

And just get a USB IR reader or USB->Serial adapter and plug that
irblaster.info IR serial receiver in to it that way. :)  Although, an
integrated one would be *nice*.  Since it has an on-board GeForce 6150,
the linux nVidia drivers would have no problems with component out.

That is a pretty slick looking case.  I wonder how quiet it is...

-Rich