[mythtv-users] Awsome Case For Myth Frontend!

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 17:55:50 UTC 2007

>From: Geoff Mishkin <gmishkin at acs.bu.edu>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Awsome Case For Myth Frontend!
>Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 13:42:14 -0400
>
>Maybe a USB VFD / IR receiver?  Don't know if they make those.
>
>There'd better be a DVD drive as there is only one internal 3.5" bay
>according to newegg, which you'd probably want to save for a hard drive!
>
>              --Geoff Mishkin <gmishkin at bu.edu>
>
>David Frascone wrote:
> > Only things missing are the VFD and IR reader!
> >
> > It has the slot, so I assume that a dvd reader is included?
> >
> > -Dave

DVD drives use 5.25" slots, not 3.5".  And looking at the pictures and the
specs, it definitely does NOT include a drive.  The only slot load drive I
see on newegg is $150.  Add that to the CPU, RAM and hard drive and you're
probably looking at almost $700 all up.  Pretty spendy, but it does look
nice.

Jake