[mythtv-users] Not a *complete* newbie question . . but . . . well . .maybe it is :)

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Wed May 2 14:14:52 UTC 2007

Ok -- I'd like to change something on my tuner setup, and I am a little
afraid that in doing it, I will screw everything up.

So first, here's my existing setup:

Broadcast Listings -> Broadcast Antenna -> HD Homerun (both inputs)
Comcast Analog listings -> Analog Cable -> PVR-500
Comcast Digital Listings -> Comcast STB -> S-Video Input on PVR-500
Comcast Digital Listings -> Comcast STB -> Firewire Input

The S-Video input is there for the time being, since firewire is
sometimes flaky on this new 6200 box.

What I would *like* to do, is change one of the HDHomeRun inputs to be
comcast digital.

If I do that, then I'll get channels on all the messed up numbers, and
have to manually edit them back to something normal.  I've done it
before -- it's not that big of a deal.

What I worry about, though, is messing up the original listings.  If I
move it, then I'll want to corroborate the channls with the Comcast
Digital listings -- but I don't want to mess up the listings on their
proper channels on the ComcastSTB inputs.

Will this work?  (Will just moving the input, changing the listings to
comcast digital, then editing the channels on live tv?  Or will I screw
up the firewire input and S-Video inputs)?

-Dave

--

David Frascone

           By all means, let's not confuse ourselves with the facts!