[mythtv-users] No sound after reboot - Ubuntu Edgy/020

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Wed May 2 11:04:16 UTC 2007

Weird problem. Myth locked up while my wife was doing her yoga DVD so
she rebooted the machine. However, now there is no playback sound of any
kind. I have tried all 3 dsp's (dsp, dsp1,dsp2) without success, checked
dmesg and lspci, and everything looks as it should. There *is* sound in
the recordings as I can play then via MythWeb.

This have never happened before after many reboots.

My system:

Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy server install (as per the Ubuntu Guides)
.020 from src, custom compiled.
Soundblaster 5.1 Live! sound card using standard stereo output

Any ideas where I should be looking? I am absolutely stumped...

Cheers
Bruce