[mythtv-users] OT: Monitoring CPU/Internal Temperature through Linux

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed May 2 03:04:18 UTC 2007

> This said, I'd like to not burn up a motherboard/cpu combo...the wife is
> already complaining about how much her "free" PVR has cost in recent months
> (Had to add an HD localy, setup a new NAS system with more space, and now a
> CPU/Motherboard/Power Supply blowup...that's what I get for running older
> hardware) and I'd like NOT to have to explain why her PVR needs another
> motherboard and CPU in it 3 months from now.

LOL. WAF is the number 1 issue in any MythTV implementation isn't it?
If you don't have WAF sign off then you're not done!

> So, in short, I'd like to get something somewhat graphical that I could
> watch the CPU/Internal temp with that could comfort me that i'm not running
> 150deg in the case.

I use lm_sensors which isn't graphical, but it was easy to display the
output of it using mythtvosd so you can see it while watching a
recording by just pressing a button on the remote. I can send you
through the script if you like.

Regards,
Phill