[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode

gwgrover at windstream.net gwgrover at windstream.net
Tue May 1 21:13:37 UTC 2007

I've read that the --dvd option of mythtranscode is new in rel 20 of mythtv.
What I read also said that what it does is "add dvd nav packets" to the data stream.

My Question: What can I do / how do I process the file produced by mythtranscode with the --dvd option?

Is this a file that can be converted directly into an iso and then burned to dvd - producing a dvd without menus ??  --- I have tried to play the output of mythtranscode with the -dvd option; mplayer and kaffeine will both play it - but what they play looks like an exploding super-nova rather than a video. Same thing happens trying to play a dvd-r burned from the same file; a dvd player will not even load a dvd-rw burned from the same file.