[mythtv-users] Xvmc and nVidia cards

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:17:36 UTC 2007

> I did this and it my CPU utilization went down to about 40% on HD
> streams.  The video actually looks really great in high action.
> Unfortunately, the sound has a break / hick-up / studder every 1.5 to
> 2 seconds.  (When you're watching American Idol, this can be a bit
> annoying.)  The studder only occurs while XvMC is on.  If I turn XvMC
> off, the sound problem goes away but my CPU goes back up and action
> has some problems.

I get a similar problem on certain channels but not on the majority.
For me it is stuttering audio virtually all of the time.  If I swap to
the audio description audio track video is fine again but obviously
the normal sound is not there.

As soon as I switch back to the Standard option instead of XvMC
everything goes back to normal.  I suspect it is either the fact there
are multiple audio tracks, high bitrate or some wierd audio/video
encoding that is affecting XvMC or a combination of them all.