[mythtv-users] Rebuilding Database

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 1 17:48:55 UTC 2007

On 05/01/2007 01:33 PM, Andy Speagle wrote:
> I've been having some really odd issues with Transcoding that I think
> might be a result of a fouled up mythconverg database.  I'd like to
> attempt to recreate it completely but I want to keep some key things
> in the database, such as recording info, channel data, tuner info...
> but I want to pretty much start from zero with the rest of it...
>
> This is a last thing to try before I completely rebuild my backend.
>
> Can anyone give me some suggestions, please?

I highly recommend the approach at
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 , wherein you would
actually re-create capture cards, video sources, input connections, and
channels.  But, it's the cleanest way to "start over" without losing
info on previous recordings.

If you try to carry over capture card/channel info, you may create more
problems than you solve (i.e. not be able to record new shows, so once
you fix transcoding, you could only transcode old recordings ;).

Mike