[mythtv-users] OT:Portable Media Player

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue May 1 14:17:42 UTC 2007

We occasionally go on road trips so I've been looking for something that
would allow me to take along my kids mythvideos and recordings and be
able to play them on other monitors, like a TV in a minivan or at
grandma's house. I found the following device.

http://www.coolerexpress.com/by2pmptvoute.html
or with hard drive:
http://www.coolerexpress.com/by2mipmppome.html

Before purchasing I thought I post and see if anyone has seen this or
anything similar, or might have any suggestions. What are other people
doing besides putting shows on DVDs?

Of course I have no idea what the interface will be like, but I thought
I might give it a shot. I can transcode shows for my PDA so I assume I
can transcode them to play on this device.

Thanks,
James