[mythtv-users] Firewire channel change script with SA4250HD

Ilya Slavin islavin at gmail.com
Tue May 1 00:22:32 UTC 2007

Benton,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I did hack the original script (as well as your
clever version) to make sure the constants correspond to the codes of the
box.  So I'm pretty sure the script sends the "right" command via the
Firewire bus.  My guess is that the 4250 takes different commands then 4200
does.  Interestingly, the code inside MythTV that changes channels works
great, but my C++ is rusty and I've been having trouble extracting it into a
separate program.

The reason I need it separately is that Firewire only works only for some of
the channels with my cable operator, and I use the analog interface (via a
Hauppauge card) for the remainder of the channels.  Unfortunately, MythTV
does not use the the internal Firewire channel changing logic for the analog
interface.  Hence the problem.

Additional ideas would be appreciated!

Ilya