[mythtv-users] changing channels issue

duck tduckett at tdux.com
Sat Mar 31 17:47:10 UTC 2007

I am using directv.pl to try and change channels but am not having luck
in Myth.  I am passing it the correct settings example:
/capture/directv.pl box_type RCA_OLD setup_channel
This does not work in myth!  :(

I wrote a wrapper script and am sending the output to a file.  example:

echo $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 > test
/capture/directv.pl box_type RCA_OLD setup_channel $1

when I try and change the channel the output is:

cat test:
/capture/channel_changer

The channel is never passed.  Please help

I am also having other issues but would like to solve this one first.

Other issues:
live tv screen is black
mythfilldatabase does not work.  I can manually sync it
mythfilldatabase error:   Failed writting http request: bad file discripter