[mythtv-users] Channel browsing (and tuner changing)

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Mar 31 17:07:28 UTC 2007

On Mar 31, 2007, at 9:38 AM, Derek Conniffe wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is there any way to get myth to be able to channel browse, between
> tuners,
> with the Up and Down buttons?  Currently it works if I am on, say,
> channel
> 1 on tuner one (domestic antenna) and then press channel 5 which is on
> tuner 2 (satellite) - it hops between tuners but I cannot be on
> channel 1
> and press up,up,up,up to channel 5 - channel 5 doesn't show as there!
>
> thanks
>
> Derek

No, that hasn't been implemented. Currently, it doesn't know if any
other tuners are available unless you explicitly tell it to change to
one either by pressing Y or entering a number that isn't available on
your current tuner.

My work-around has always been to use the program guide since it
lists all known channels and I can see more than 1 at a time.