[mythtv-users] TV out for unlisted card?

Angus sylvania at istop.com
Sat Mar 31 04:02:16 UTC 2007

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> Angus wrote:
>
>>   6200 does, too, but when I tried to look up the hardware
>> requirements for this card, I got no where. I e-mailed nVidia asking for
>> this information, but I get the feeling they are the type of outfit that
>> doesn't answer its mail.
>>
> Angus
>
> I run a 933Mhz PIII machine and I have onboard 3x DVB-T cards for input
> and an FX5200 for TV out, plus a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card for audio
> output. If you are looking at analog cards, a PVR150 would do your input
> and once again an FX5200 or above for your TV out. As long as your TV
> cards either support onboard encoding OR output a mpg stream AND you
> have something like an FX5200 & above, your machine should be fine for
> SD recordings/playback.

    I've looked at some 5200s, and it seems to get a fanless PCI
combination new I'd have to spring for 100$. I don't usually get
something off eBay unless its cost is a very small fraction of the new
one. I'll go that route if I have to, but if anyone can swear by a
cheaper solution, I'd really appreciate it. Again my needs are:
1. fanless
2. PCI
3. compatibility with 800MHz Celeron