[mythtv-users] very low glxgears fps

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 02:00:35 UTC 2007

On 3/30/07, Jon <jon at sd-6.org> wrote:

> Or, if agpgart in compiled in the kernel as seems to be common nowadays,
> add agp=off to your favorite boot loaders command line.

This worked, but did not seem to make of a difference.

[mythtv at localhost ~]$ cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status
Driver:          NVIDIA
AGP Rate:        8x
Fast Writes:     Disabled
SBA:             Enabled

However, glxgears is not helped, in fact, it may be worse:

[mythtv at localhost ~]$ glxgears
639 frames in 5.0 seconds = 127.627 FPS
638 frames in 5.0 seconds = 127.464 FPS

I am wondering if Fast Writes has anything to do with things.  I have
tried to enable it in modprobe.conf:

# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-9746
alias nvidia nvidia-1_0-9746
options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1 NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1

but that does not seem to help (SBA is enabled either way).  This just
seems weird that there is virtually no (if any??) 3D acceleration from
this card.