[mythtv-users] Serial Header?

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 00:27:53 UTC 2007

Hello list members, I just purchased a new ASUS M2NPV-VM Motherboard,
I am planning on moving my mythtv backend to  this new system.  I am
using the perl script to control a directv stb D11-300 from the serial
port->usb adapter.  This new motherboard does not have a serial port
on the back panel, but it has to serial headers on the motherboard.  I
have looked all over the web and must not be calling the cable by the
correct name to locate one.  I know that someshould make a cable that
will attach to the header and give me a serial port, maybe taking the
form of a slot bracket.

Any suggestion where to look or shop would be appreciated.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at