[mythtv-users] Issues with DVD drive

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Mar 30 17:54:18 UTC 2007

Lan Barnes wrote:
> My only other meaningful experiment was to put a known-good DVD movie in
> the tray and select Play DVD in the menu. This led to a clearing of the
> screen as if xine had loaded full screen, and then ... nothing.

When I had this problem, I ran mythfrontend from an xterm command prompt
to troubleshoot it.  It dumps a fair amount of information to stdout,
and you might see something in there that's helpful.

You might also try changing the DVD player to "Internal" (I think the
default is mplayer) to see if that makes any difference.  I really like
the internal player.