[mythtv-users] Harmony-670 Universal remote question

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:20:06 UTC 2007

On 3/30/07, Brian L. Walter <blwalter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm attempting to use a Harmony-670 Universal remote with Myth/Lirc.  I
> configured the remote online, using PVR->MythTV->KnoppMyth.
>
> I used irrecod to capture the codes, and that all seemed to go well.
>
> However, when I use irw to check it, I get some strange behavior.
>
> 1) any given key - one press - nothing
> 2) press again - two occurences of the code are reported.
>
> At first, I thought I could live with this for awhile.  However, I went
> into the Myth, watched a recording, then hit 'Exit'.  On the Menus, this
> behaves like 'Escape' (after two hits usually), but, in playback, I get
> the equivalent of Info, then, Myth does not respond to 'anything' -
> keyboard or remote.  I have to go to a virtual session and kill the process.
>
> Am I missing something obvioius?

My harmony 550 was doing something similar - sending 3 pulses for
every key press, which meant that myth would respond either once or
twice, seemingly at random. The fix was to configure the remote to
only send 1 pulse. There was an option under one of the
troubleshooting menus to do this (sorry to be vague, I didn't note
down what I did). It's covered in one of the FAQs on the harmony web
site.

Chris