[mythtv-users] very low glxgears fps

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 17:14:29 UTC 2007

OK,

so you seem to have most of the stuff configured. I
would suggest you check what lsmod spits out through a
'grep agp'.
I don't remember what your xorg.conf AGP option was
and it could be that even forcing this option in this
file won't work if something during the boot process
precedes the nvidia module loading that prevents the
NvAGP option to work as expected. As I said, I had the
intel_agp module loaded before nvidia with debian
kernels and there was not much I could do to prevent
this from happening (even if I blacklisted the damn
module) so i had to recompile my kernel without that
module and agpgart altogether. Only then NvAGP=1 in
xorg.conf would have an effect. And it resulted in a
big improvement as far as the 3D acc performance is
concerned.

J.

=== message truncated ===