[mythtv-users] TV out for unlisted card?

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Fri Mar 30 04:52:39 UTC 2007

Angus wrote:
> Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
>
>> Angus wrote:
>>

>>>   6200 does, too, but when I tried to look up the hardware
>>> requirements for this card, I got no where. I e-mailed nVidia asking for
>>> this information, but I get the feeling they are the type of outfit that
>>> doesn't answer its mail.
>>>

>> Angus
>>
>> I run a 933Mhz PIII machine and I have onboard 3x DVB-T cards for input
>> and an FX5200 for TV out, plus a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card for audio
>> output. If you are looking at analog cards, a PVR150 would do your input
>> and once again an FX5200 or above for your TV out. As long as your TV
>> cards either support onboard encoding OR output a mpg stream AND you
>> have something like an FX5200 & above, your machine should be fine for
>> SD recordings/playback.
>>

>     Hmm... the FX5200s I'm looking at all seem to have on-board fans.
> I'm a bit of a noise-freak. That's part of the reason I wanted to use an
> 800MHz CPU. You couldn't recommend one w/out, could you?
Here's an AGP one on ebay at the moment with no fan:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GeForce-FX5200-nVidia-128MB-8X-AGP-TV-Out-5200-NEW_W0QQitemZ150105374660QQcategoryZ40161QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fanless ones are around. I would persevere with your quest to find one,
it really is the best solution.....

Cheers
Bruce