[mythtv-users] Harmony-670 Universal remote question

Brian L. Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 23:27:29 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I'm attempting to use a Harmony-670 Universal remote with Myth/Lirc.  I
configured the remote online, using PVR->MythTV->KnoppMyth.

I used irrecod to capture the codes, and that all seemed to go well.

However, when I use irw to check it, I get some strange behavior.

1) any given key - one press - nothing
2) press again - two occurences of the code are reported.

At first, I thought I could live with this for awhile.  However, I went
into the Myth, watched a recording, then hit 'Exit'.  On the Menus, this
behaves like 'Escape' (after two hits usually), but, in playback, I get
the equivalent of Info, then, Myth does not respond to 'anything' -
keyboard or remote.  I have to go to a virtual session and kill the process.

Am I missing something obvioius?

TIA
Brian