[mythtv-users] Record multiple channels from one multiplex (again...)

Matthew Toseland toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 29 23:09:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 11:04:48AM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:

> Precisely what I was thinking. If people are willing to "spend cash"
> they should just use it to buy the hardware they need.
>
> The whole "bounty" thing with Open Source software is crazy IMHO. I
> could make a good case for bounty offers actually reducing the
> chances of the code being written, because the developers are
> somewhat insulted by being offered less than they could make flipping
> burgers at MacDonalds for a week in exchange for something that is
> worth perhaps tens of thousands of dollars in the commercial software
> market.

So only multinational corporations should pay for software development.
Great. </sarcasm> Large numbers of small donations *can be* useful, and
if the devs don't like it they can just not take the bounty. (I speak
here as a dev who has worked full time funded largely by small
individual donations).

I'd be very happy to have this functionality, but as I don't have time
to develop it myself, complaining isn't very productive. What I heard
when I was on IRC was that people were working on it; maybe they were
then (that was in jan/feb).