[mythtv-users] Wiimote + MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Mar 29 22:27:14 UTC 2007

On Mar 29, 2007, at 2:57 PM, Matt wrote:

> On 3/29/07, come se fosse antani <antani at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/8/06, David Bennett <davidbennett1979 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> From what I understand it should be fairly simple to get it
>>> recognize
>>> and used as a pointing device... (if you had any knowledge of that
>>> kind of stuff whatsoever... which i dont!) ;)
>>
>> but... how can we solve the lack of buttons on the wiimote?
>

> The apple remote only has something like 5 buttons... they don't seem
> to think you need more than a handful to accomplish multimedia tasks.

Apple's implementation of "multimedia tasks" lack the concept of
changing channels. Luckily, their remotes do have the concept of
holding down or clicking for different events so you really get twice
the actions compared to the number of buttons on the remote. Even
still, I've tried using it with my Myth setup and it's pretty sucky.
Only a Harmony remote will ever replace my $19 Radio Shack "learning
remote".