[mythtv-users] Program guide crashes mythfrontend

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Mar 29 19:30:41 UTC 2007

Don Bossung wrote:
> On 3/29/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>>
> then the frontend crashes to the KDE desktop and I see this
>> in
>> > the terminal I launched mythfrontend from. This happens EVERY time I
>> enter
>> > the guide from live tv. If you have an ideas I would appreciate it.
>> >
>> > Don
>> >
>> > mythuser at mythfe1 ~]$ mythfrontend
>>
>> > 2007-03-28 17:53:06.575 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
>> > 192.168.0.254
>> > 2007-03-28 17:53:06.658 Realtime priority would require SUID as root.
>> > 2007-03-28 17:53:06.660 Video timing method: USleep with busy wait
>> > 2007-03-28 17:53:50.301 XMLParse::LoadTheme using
>> > /usr/share/mythtv/themes/G.A.N.T./ui.xml
>>
>> Just a wild thought. It's trying to change screens in GANT. Gant is a
>> bit of a resource hog.
>> Try setting your scheme to Iulius...
>>
>> Geoff

> Thanks Geoff, I will try that when I get home. I am also going to check and
> make sure the correct video driver is being loaded by x as well as using
> another app to view tv and see if anything is weird.
>
> don

Another possibility is that the ui.xml file is corrupted. If you are
using SVN, the file is under /mythtv/themes/GANT  you could even do an
svn download just for that file if you cannot extract it from the .20
install... just cd to somewhere (/var/tmp/ and

svn co  http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv

will get you the entire mythtv tree...

Geoff