[mythtv-users] UK: tv_grab_uk_rt Radio Times have changed their website

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Thu Mar 29 10:59:37 UTC 2007

David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On 29/03/07, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> > jonny Linux wrote:
> > > I've just noticed Radio Times have changed their website - I've not been
> > > able to run mythfilldatabase for a couple of days. I get "could not
> > > fetch http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat, error: 404 Not
> > > found, aborting".
> > >
> > > I've not had much of a look round the RT website, but does anyone know
> > > if they're still providing XMLTV data?
> > Just want to verify the above report, mfdb fails for me with the above
> > error as well.
> >
> > Has there been an update to xmltv we should know about?
>
>  using a web browser, the http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/

Now the directory doesn't exists but

  http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/

does.  Completely empty though.

Does anyone have a contact at the Radio Times to ask what is going on?

I'd be really sorry to lose the RT feed - being a Radio Times
subscriber it is really nice to have the same text and ratings in
MythTV as in the mag.  I also get MythTV to record all the 3 and 4
star films (at low priority) on in the evening which means there is
always something good to watch.  The EIT data doesn't live up to that
:-(