[mythtv-users] Any channel/recording with more than one audio track has stuttering audio/video with XvMC?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:52:28 UTC 2007

When I record or watch live any channel which has more than one audio
track I experience stuttering of audio/video when I am using XvMC as
the playback method.

Generally there are two audio tracks the first audio track (stereo)
being the proper audio and the second an audio description (mono)
which is normally silent but still gets listed regardless if there is
an audio description or not.

If I select the audio description track the video stops stuttering but
obviously I either get silence or the audio description when it is
acutually being broadcast which is not much use to me.

If I choose a channel with only one audio track the playback is
completely fine - audio and video play correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be as I really
need to use XvMC?

Using MythTV 0.20.20060828-3 the latest release version I think.

TIA