[mythtv-users] Power up the system with the remote control

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Mar 29 01:33:09 UTC 2007

Jon napsal(a):

>> I would guess that the USB receiver is still dumb - all the
>> processing
>> is done by the CPU.  The receiver would have to have intelligence.
>>
>> The only thing I can think of would be to build a receiver
>> with a PIC in
>> it that would monitor the signal.  When it got a Power On it would
>> tickle the USB bus in whatever way it needs tickling, or
>> perhaps use a
>> WOL header or something....
>>
>> But the key is that it would have to have enough intelligence
>> to decode
>> the remote, and pick out only the Power On signal.  Otherwise every
>> stray IR signal would turn your PC on.
>>

> Actually I was hoping and would expect that any keypress would activate it.
> Much like wake on keyboard.

OK, but still you need some intelligence in the receiver....
Fluorescents generate IR; other remote do, so do many other things.
*Something* in the receiver has to decode it and decide if it is the
correct remote and the appropriate signal.

Actually a smart receiver wouldn't be that hard to build; google for PIC
controllers.

--Yan