[mythtv-users] Custom Recording File Path/Name Format

Justin jd2666+mythtvlist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 00:18:42 UTC 2007

I think even though myth recorded the episode the file is mine to
store where ever I like.
Also using symlinks to the recorded files just adds another layer of
complexity to how I store my files.
I just like the simplicity of having a recording organized in one
place for access. To tell the truth I would like it if instead the
Recordings screen/Mythvideo screen with a database it was just listed
the files in a directory tree and any extra metadata was stored in the
file. Though I suppose the wouldn't work too well for performance.
Anyways now this is getting a little off-topc, I posted this just to
find out if there was a better way to do what I want (of which there
doesn't appear to be better way short of editing the mythtv source
code) or find out if using Storage Groups in this way could cause
problems.
Justin