[mythtv-users] MythTV without desktop manager

Luca Lucchesi shacky83 at hotmail.it
Wed Mar 28 22:42:03 UTC 2007

>That is the preferred approach (assuming by, "desktop manager," you
>actually mean, "desktop environment").  Don't run GNOME or KDE (desktop
>environments), but instead run a small, lightweight,
>appropriate-for-MythTV window manager--like RatPoison.

Thank you!
I installed Ratpoison on a Debian unstable system, and in effect it is very
fast...
The only problem I have is that I had to install kdm too to start Ratpoison,
and I don't understand if I can't do without kdm or gdm.
How I can use Ratpoison and make it starting at the system boot without
using kdm or gdm?

Thank you!
Bye,
Luca.