[mythtv-users] mythweb latest svn

Roger Depreeuw rogdepre at skynet.be
Wed Mar 28 21:45:19 UTC 2007

On 03/20/2007 12:32 PM, Chris Petersen wrote:
> Roger Depreeuw wrote:
>
>> Overall i see many improvements so thank you for the good work.
>> I have one question. Is there a way to add categories and link them
>> groups in the program listing.
>>

> The categories are usually added by mythfilldatabase. If you use
> something else to get your program data (like EIT), or your listings
> source doesn't provide it, you won't get any.
>
> It would be relatively easy for someone to write a script to scan the
> program table in the db and add categories based on rules.

Or better, put those rules into the XMLTV grabber script (possibly with
a command-line option to enable/disable) and make them available to all
XMLTV users in the affected region--not just MythTV users in that
region.

Mike

Thank you for putting me on the right track.
Today I was able to create an update in the grabber script and it works
great!
Regards