[mythtv-users] Motherboard recommendation?

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:48:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 04:08:38PM -0400, Larry Sanderson wrote:
> Have you considered a board with a built-in gpu?  I am using the
> Abit NF-M2 and have loved it so far (I've had it for about 3
> months now).  Any of the GeForce-6150 boards should work.  It
> displays 720p without a glitch - I think it will handle 1080p, but
> I have not tried it.  Also, one less card means a more open system
> for better cooling.

I have the above in my MythTV system and am quite happy.

A very similar board is the Asus M2NPV-VM.  I built my parents a
MythTV with this board and it has also been problem-free.

The two have a slightly different feature set.  I believe both meet
the requirements of the OP.

However, check this thread for a discussion on "different" versions
of the 6100 and 6150 onboard GPUs:

    http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38736&highlight=6000+6150

Matt