[mythtv-users] UK Freview HD isers - what specs are your frontends

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Wed Mar 28 16:22:54 UTC 2007

David Campbell wrote:
> As the subject suggests - I'd like to get a feel for what setup UK
> freeview HD users are using on their frontend to decode BBC HD streams.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

Maybe not very helpful, but I can say that my Single Core P4 2.66GHz with
1Gb RAM and an nVidia Quadro NVS graphics card _doesn't_ have enough power
to play back the BBC HD stream from the Astra satellite.

It can cope if I use the time stretch feature in Myth and slow it down to
0.5x (but that's utterly unwatchable).  At 1x speed it will play for a
couple of seconds (if that) then pause for a couple, then play for a
couple...

Picture quality looks great though!

So in conclusion you need something better than my setup.

Robert.