[mythtv-users] DVB-T lossless transcoding error 232

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:34:29 UTC 2007

On 28/03/07, Joan Vallés <joan.valles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting error 232 when lossless transcoding a DVB-T recording, it just
> happens on Sony Entertainment I've not seen in other channels, anyone knows
> what does it mean?
>
> Don't know if it is related but some times when running this transcoding
> job, CPU gets at 100% and mythtranscode process starts eating RAM (about 700
> MB) so system performance is degraded.

The version of myth that you are running is probably relevant.

I've had problems on my 0.19 system with lossless transcoding of
DVB-T.  Some programs would fail (can't remember the error) and it was
very repeatable, same channel same programme would fail every week
while others would be fine.  Sometimes the first showing of a show
would fail but the repeats would pass.  I assume that it's something
in the encoding?

I'm just building a new system around SVN.  I'm interested to see how
it works.  I found references to a few related transcoding updates in
SVN, so I'm hopefull.