[mythtv-users] PVR150: Automatic removing black bar(s) from the recording

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 23:23:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have black bars around mpeg recordings. They are not shown if played
in MythTV, but MPlayer shows these. I read the IVTV mailing list, and
moste of the people say this:

------------
"This is probably just in the source signal. A TV will overscan the
signal by 4% or more, so broadcasters can put whatever junk they want
at the edges of the pictures and most people will
never see it.

Is it possible to remove these lines during transcoding? I give my
recordings from time to time to my cousin, and I would like to have
the video without these black bars.

Thanks

M.