[mythtv-users] Limit CD-ROM drive speed for MythMusic?

migmog migmog at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 22:32:49 UTC 2007

On 27/03/07, Ben Lancaster <lists at benlancaster.co.uk> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Anybody know how to limit the optical drive speed for playing audio
> CDs (and only audio CDs)? Nothing quite like the whirr of the drive
> to ruin a great album!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

There's an ioctl which CD drives are suppose to implement, though I'm
not sure whether all drives support it. I found a program some guy
wrote to do this:

http://dmpc.dbp.fmph.uniba.sk/~krivanek/cdrom_speed/

Let me know if this works - I've not tried it myself as there is no CD
on my mythbox, but I looked into this with the intention of adding a
DVD drive some day.

migmog