[mythtv-users] MB fried - suggestions to replace or upgrade?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Mar 27 14:33:16 UTC 2007

On 27 Mar 2007, at 00:06, David Murphy wrote:
> I would not run one fan as exhaust and one as intake.  I would
> advise you run them ... as both
> ... intakes (may be desirable w/out a fan on the si-128
> and also get internal cleanliness benefits of running positive
> pressure.

Could you clarify this statement a little, please?

> Hard Drive:
> The Samsungs are nice but keep in mind they have reduced their
> warranty
> to 1 year.  The 500Gb Western Digitals received very favorable noise
> reviews and still carry a 3yr warranty.  Slightly cheaper as well I
> believe.

There are some opinions on hard-drives in this Usenet thread. Odie
Ferrous does data recovery for a living, and my customers & I have
both been satisfied with his work.

He says:

   I have to say, I am extremely impressed with the latest crop of
   Samsung drives.  As a long-term Seagate fanatic, I have to say
   they're losing ground to Samsung.

   I haven't had a *single* recently-manufactured Samsung in for
   recovery, whereas I have had a few Seagates in

   Large capacity Hitachi drives are also proving very reliable.

   Definitely avoid Maxtor and Western Digital.

<http://groups.google.com/group/uk.comp.homebuilt/browse_frm/thread/
17365eb4e5a2b6/>

Stroller.