[mythtv-users] "Jerkiness" with Pinnacle Hybrid 310i DVB-T

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Mar 27 00:28:49 UTC 2007

On 26 Mar 2007, at 13:22, Jan Johansson wrote:
> My master backend has a pair of PVR-500 and a Pinnacle 310i for
> testing out DVB-T.
>
> The problem is that i seem to have constant jerks in the picture,
> where the picture seem to make a micro-stop before playing on. This
> is in both Live-TV and recordings.
>
> Signal strength is fine. And using the card in a windows enviroment
> works without this problem. ALso hooking a STB directly to the
> antennae also works fine.

Hi there,

You mean "using _both cards_ in a windows enviroment works without
this problem"?

Is it possible hard-drive speed is an issue?
What's your hard-drive configuration?

If you're using PATA / EIDE, can you test with `hdparm`?
`hdparm` can be used both to set drive parameters & to test
throughput - my distro (Gentoo) has an /etc/init.d/ script which
should run at boot to ensure that drives' settings are optimised, but
you have to add it to the boot runlevel at install time. Could it be
that your distro has a similar script that is not being run?

Finally, you don't mention the frontend. Are you playing these
recordings across a network?

Stroller.