[mythtv-users] Is a kernel upgrade worthwhile for HD viewing? Ubuntu 6.10 with 2.6.16-generic kernel.

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:31:19 UTC 2007

I'm no expert, but I would guess a little bit more memory may help
your problem.  I have an Athalon 64 dual-core with a gig of ram and do
not have any problems with HD content.  I don't have the homerun box
though; I use an internal card (KWorld ATSC-110) instead.  Granted,
utilization is high on the box while watching HD content, but it still
works well.

Do the logs give any hints on what might the problem be?  For example,
when I first start watching HD, I get some sort of odd NVM error
message in the myth logs....after a minute or two, it gets fixed.

Hope it helps a little....

Mike