[mythtv-users] MythWelcome/MythShutdown configuration question

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 19:46:36 UTC 2007

Anyone using mythwelcome, mythshutdown, and ACPI alarm have any suggestions?

This weekend I tried setting the following setup:
mythtv-setup parameters and values:
    wakeup time format:            yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss
    set wakeup time command: mythshutdown --setwakeup $time
mythwelcome --setup parameters and values:
    nvram-wakeup command:   `echo ${time}:00 | sed "s/T/ /"` | tee /var/log/alarm.log > /proc/acpi/alarm

I was hoping that MythTV uses the "set wakeup time command" to record in the database what time to
expect the system to restart as a way to determine whether the system was started by the user or not.
Further, that the way the alarm was set was to "exec" the string in the "nvram-wakeup command", so that
I could use an arbitrary command rather than nvram-wakeup.   I haven't configured nvram-wakeup to set
the ACPI alarm rather than the APM alarm (and may not be able to figure out how to configure it, either).

It didn't work (nothing written to /var/log/alarm.log and no alarm time set in /proc/acpi/alarm).  8-(

watkinshome said:
> > Is it simply that I need to put the appropriate date/time format and
> > command-line statement in mythtvsetup's entries for "wakeup time format" and
> > "set wakeup time command"?
> >
> > If so, would those be:
> >          yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss

 My system doesn't appear to support month or day since it wakes up every day
(a problem that is being addressed in another thread).  However, since that's the
format that "cat" produces, that's what I feed back to /proc/acpi/alarm.

> That's what I have.  I guess it depends if your motherboard supports
> month and day.  Do
 >
> # cat /proc/acpi/alarm
 >
> and copy the format of what comes out.
 >

> > [and]
> >
>         > echo $time > /proc/acpi/alarm
 >
> That looks right to me if you run your backend as root.  Because I don't, I have
 >
> sudo sh -c 'echo $time > /proc/acpi/alarm'
 >
> > What about the settings in MythWelcome's setup page?  Do I duplicate the
> > above "echo $time..." command in the "nvram-wakeup command" entry?
> >

> Sorry, I don't use mythwelcome.

Craig Huff
huffcs from yahoo

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.