[mythtv-users] Scaling HD on a SD-only frontend?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:35:50 UTC 2007

> True! :)  Could you explain that to my wife?

I've found it's easier to show them.  I never had any luck
"convincing" anyone that HDTV was better while strolling through the
TV department at the electronics shop or by telling them about it.
However, once I actually got an HDTV (and it was just a Samsung 61"
720p set) and hooked up MythTV to it and played back HDTV content
(from a pcHDTV 3000 OTA) they were sold.  I think I've probably
converted a good 10 people since then.  It was as easy as "this is a
regular show" and "this is the same show in HDTV" and pretty much
everyone who saw the comparison has since then purchased an HDTV set
and some of them have acquisitioned a MythTV setup that records and
outputs HDTV.

-Chad