[mythtv-users] Weird audio bleed-over with analog recordings

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Mon Mar 26 18:09:59 UTC 2007

Hi all -

I recently picked up a full-blown brand-new Creative Audigy sound setup
(main sound card, daughter card and external box).  This replaced an
Audigy 2ZS card (that wound up going into another box) because of an odd
echo I was getting when I was watching LiveTV on one of my two pcHDTV 5500
tuners in analog or S-video.  Unfortunately, that didn't change, but I
deal with it by using the other tuner for live TV when necessary.  There
seemed to be no way to get rid of it using the mixer.

Not only did the new card not fix the echo problem (which does not show up
in recordings), but since I installed it,  I am now getting bleed-over of
audio from the set-top box into analog recordings (along with the
soundtrack of the recorded show - BOTH get recorded).

The audio-out from the STB is routed into the audio-in jack on one of the
two tuner cards; the bleed-over happens randomly with recordings on the
analog input of either tuner, but not with the QAM channels.  The echo I
mentioned above occurs while watching live TV on either the analog or
s-video input of this tuner only - the other one doesn't echo.

Anyone else seen this before and have a fix??

Thanks
Bob